When printing on surfaces, optimal print adhesion and perfect print quality are requirements for successful and cost-effective production
The steadily increasing customer requirements for printing, especially for plastics, also require a consistent high quality of the print so that high-quality and long-term stable printing can take place.
The challenge of printing on plastics
The surface properties of polyolefins such as PP, PE with their inherently very low surface energies are the reason that subsequent adhesive processes such as printing and marking are a challenge.
Plastics such as PVC, PU, PC as well as metals and glass, often need optimization and homogenization of their adhesive properties before printing for a perfect print image.
Classic pretreatment processes, such as priming or flame treatment, are often associated with complex implementation and handling, high running costs for consumption and storage, high health and environmental requirements and difficult process control.
Advantages and benefits of plasma pretreatment for printing
- Higher production speeds possible through high plasma output
- Up to 20% savings in ink / printing ink possible through better wetting of the ink on the surface
- Perfect print image, brilliant colors and more intense contrasts due to increased wettability
- Outstanding adhesion, optimized cross-cut through plasma-activated surface
- Even sensitive surfaces can be treated, for example Semi-gloss
- Safe reproducibility through regulated plasma discharge with real-time monitoring (SQI).
- Cleaning effect on contamination
- Each nozzle can be individually controlled and regulated
- Up to four nozzles can be used per generator, individually controllable
- Slot nozzles for particularly wide pretreatment per nozzle, unlimited treatment width through cascading
- Adjustable holder for each nozzle to use the machine easier
- Easy installation, small footprint, compact nozzles and generator
- Minimal maintenance
- Low energy consumption
- No volatile organic compounds (VOC)
- No solvents
- Inkjet / digital printing
- Screen printing